Medical grade chemical peels work to improve the health of your skin through exfoliation and cellular stimulation. They are beneficial for any skin type or colour and can treat a number of skin conditions. Medical grade chemical peels work at the cellular level to target and treat acne, melasma, discolouration, sun damage, fine lines, large pores and dullness. The result is softer, smoother skin. Chemical peels can be effective in treating acne, and in improving congested skin, acne scarring, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Learn more about the consultation process
What to expect?
The treatment takes 25-40 minutes. Before the appointment for a deeper peel, a mild sedative or topical numbing treatment may be applied to minimize discomfort (no anesthesia or local numbing is required for light to medium depth peels). Skin is cleansed and dried thoroughly prior to the application. Doctor will apply a chemical solution to the skin. You may notice mild tingling or discomfort as the solution soaks into the skin’s surface. Depending on the treatment, the doctor will then apply a neutralizing agent to the skin.
Mild and temporary post-treatment side effects may include:
- Same Day: redness, tingling, slight burning
- 1-2 Days: dryness, irritation, mild swelling
- 2-3 Days: flaking skin, more noticeable imperfections
- 3-4 Days: acne breakout, skin looks darker and patchy, flaking or peeling skin
- 5-7 Days: side effects should begin to subside and skin will begin to look and feel normal
- 7-14 Days: full results of healthy, new skin. Some redness or patchy areas may be noticeable for up to one month.
How long will it last?
Results are noticeable immediately after treatment. Duration of results vary from two months to 10+ years, depending on the depth and strength of the chemical peel used, which is determined with your physician prior to treatment. Your skin type, skin condition and the issues that you are treating with the chemical peel also greatly impacts how long results last.
Patients can wear make-up within 24 hours and return to daily activity.